Every anabolic androgenic steroidal compound that you’ve heard, read or spoken about is derived from Testosterone.
Each one of them.
That’s precisely why the Big T is the base for any steroid cycle.
And in most cases, the only compound used in any beginner cycle.
Unless you know how your body reacts to testosterone, adding secondary compounds is often rife with the risk of sides.
But if you are a rank beginner looking up on the internet for information on exogenous testosterone, you’re likely to come across various names.
Like Test-E, Test-P and so on.
What’s the difference? Which one do you use for best results?
How about Sustanon 250?
This is a blend of four different esters of Testosterone (More on this in a bit) and it has the reputation of being one of the most widely used forms of exogenous testosterone in the world for Testosterone replacement therapy or TRT.
Bodybuilders though realized the importance of something as potent as Sustanon over single ester forms of test, very early.
If you are just starting off with steroids and are wondering whether Sustanon 250 is something that you should consider, then here’s the low down on it.
Chapter 1. What is Sustanon 250?
Sustanon 250 is a blend of four long and short esters of testosterone.
That’s 30ml of Testosterone Propionate, 60ml of Testosterone Phenylpropionate, 60mg of Testosterone Isocaproate and 100mg of Testosterone Decanoate.
The first two are short esters that are absorbed fast and have a very short half-life.
The third one is a slightly larger ester whereas Deaconate is the largest, slow-release one.
In simpler words, it is a blend of both fast acting and slow acting test.
Sustanon 250 was created by ‘Organon’, a brand that has been synonymous with high quality steroids since the 1970s.
The idea was to create the perfect testosterone combo for TRT patients.
The fast acting esters kick-in within 24 hours giving you the shot in the arm that you seek.
And then the slow acting esters ensure that the testosterone levels in your body stay constant for up to 3 weeks before it starts to decline. By this time, you are ready for your next dose of Sust.
So, there is no rise followed by a crash, like what happens typically with steroids.
The effects are slow and consistent.
But you can put Sustanon 250 to good use even if you are an athlete or a bodybuilder looking to enhance their performance.
It’s pure testosterone after all.
Chapter 2. How to use Sustanon 250
Sustanon 250 is available in the form of an injectable that’s administered once every two to three weeks for TRT.
It’s a pale yellow, oily liquid that must contain the four esters in the exact proportions mentioned above. If the concentrations of the esters vary, then it’s not Sustanon.
The dosage for bodybuilders and athletes differs according to the kind of results they are looking to achieve.
Bodybuilders often use one injection every other day of the week, which takes the weekly dose to 750mg.
That’s despite the presence of the large ester.
Athletes can achieve optimum results even with one injection every week.
Chapter 3. What are the effects of Sustanon 250?
The results that you can achieve with Sustanon 250 can largely be divided into two categories.
There’s the results that a bodybuilder can achieve with significantly high doses like 500-750mg/week and there are the results that an average guy using it for testosterone replacement can achieve by taking one injection every three weeks.
Section 1. TRT:
When used for TRT, Sustanon 250 addresses every problem caused due to low testosterone. So, your libido improves, instances of erectile dysfunction diminish (provided that there’s no other cause for it), muscle mass improves, body fat reduces, there is a marked improvement in strength, quality of skin and hair and overall wellbeing. In simple terms, you become a better version of yourself. A much better one in fact.
Section 2. Bodybuilding:
When it comes to performance enhancement though, Sustanon can help you achieve nearly all types of goals.
- Bulking: Eat in a calorie surplus and Sust will allow you to break through your plateaus in no time. You will be constantly building muscle thanks to the improved protein synthesis and nitrogen retention. And then, as an icing on the cake Sustanon 250 will also boost the production of Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1. That’s your shortcut to instant recovery, healing and a better body in every way.
- Cutting: No form of exogenous test, including Sustanon is ever considered to be a cutting steroid. But the fact is that when you are on a calorie deficit, your body will be quick to shed off the fat and some of your hard earned lean muscle too. Sust allows you to hold on to the muscle. At the same time, it suppresses glucocorticoids or Stress hormones.
Chapter 4. What are the side effects of Sustanon 250?
Sustanon 250 has an anabolic to androgenic rating of 100:100. This means, that it is a compound that will aromatize leading to sides associated with Estrogen, particularly at supraphysiological doses.
- Estrogen: Like any other Testosterone ester, Sustanon 250 will aromatize and you will have to include an AI (Aromatase Inhibitor) while you are on it. But even if you do, your risk of experiencing gyno and water retention are higher while on Sust.
- Blood Pressure: The higher water retention in turn can cause high blood pressure. So, if you have high blood pressure to begin with, then Sustanon 250 is off-limits for you.
- Lipids: Both Sust and the use of AI while you are on it can cause your lipid levels to go awry. Keep an eye on them while you use Sust. Do periodic blood work and take remedial action when you notice the levels escalating.
- Shutdown: Sustanon 250 will shut you down completely. Follow a PCT and consider using HCG injections during the cycle to keep your testicular function active.
- DHT: Sustanon 250 will get converted to DHT leading to the risk of side effects like hair loss and BPH. At least some of these sides can be controlled with medication. But if you are already suffering from an enlarged prostate, then you cannot use Sustanon 250.
Some physicians argue that a single short ester form of Testosterone offers nearly all the benefits of Sustanon 250 with reduced risk of sides.
But bodybuilders tend to differ.
What is your take on Sustanon 250? Have you used it? We’d like to hear about it.